Snow? What the heck? It was all good and sunny again by this afternoon, but strange to see flurries for a while this morning. I didn’t get out in the weather much today though as I spent all day on hands and knees laying mortar and pounding in the backerboard for the kitchen tiles. I still have a couple more Hardi backer sheets to go (involving cutting around counters) and then I can start laying tile. And then grouting. And then cutting and installing new molding. And then installing new doors for the washer/dryer area. And then replacing the counter-tops. This is going to take forever.
Some random thoughts on the NCAA tourney so far:
1. Go Davidson! The run probably ends with Kansas, but then I didn’t think they had a chance matching up Georgetown’s size. It’s incredible watching teams completely gear up to stop Curry and he still puts up 30+.
2. I know I should be a fan of UCLA’s Kevin Love. He’s fundamental, a hard worker, and reasonably self-effacing. But I can’t stand him. Maybe it’s just the constant reminders from the color commentary of how good he is, but more than anything I think I just don’t like how his gigantic frame gives him such an advantage. It reminds me too much of watching Shaq bully his way around. I like the college game for the way the little guys can still make a difference with hustle and quickness (think Curry or Brazelton from Western Kentucky). Love is incredible, getting to absolutely everything in the paint (rebounds and incoming opposing guards). Or maybe it’s just that I was rooting for the Hilltoppers in that last game.
3. Michigan State, yikes. Ten minute lapse against Memphis. Thirty point half-time deficit, that’s something you’d never expect from an Izzo team. Can’t complain too much though I suppose when you’re that outclassed. Elite eight is shaping up for some awfully good games.
4. Favorite commercial. I think that Subway commercial “$5 footlong” jingle is super catchy and way better than fat Jarad, who I just want to punch in his still-fat self-righteous face every time he comes on. Oh, and Jackie Moon Old Spice cracks me up every time.
5. Least favorite commercial. I can’t stand those horrid Coke Zero “taste infringement” commercials. They aren’t remotely funny and are trying way too hard to be off-kilter. Coke usually does pretty well by keeping their ads simple and clean. Not sure why they went this direction, especially since a Coke Zero product is much more likely to be purchased by women, but the ads are clearly targeted at males.