Fri 11 Dec 09

I was a walking cliche as I packed up my office on Thursday, walking out with my one box of stuff and my one potted plant. I’m not the only one though. The whole office is moving from one building to another next week. So chaos and emptying cubicles all around. I’ll be working in the new office for a couple days at a temporary workstation before hitting the snowy road later in the week.

The forecast for my departure day looks pretty rough at the moment, snow, sleet, and freezing rain for WA and parts of the bordering states. East of that though, it actually looks decent. I just need to escape this pocket of bad weather and it looks like I could hammer from there. Unfortunately that pocket is about 8 hours of driving on a normal day.

I can either head northeast or southeast from here, so it seems like one of the two routes would be driveable. Or wait a day or two I guess.

3 thoughts on “Fri 11 Dec 09

  1. JOZ

    Freezing rain is the worst. I’d take snow (not white-out blizzard snow though) over ice!. Can you wait til you have fairly reliable forecasts for a day or two later and then decide? Any chance you could still fly instead? Ship any extra stuff, if any, you want to have here? you’d have to sell the car though, right? Is it better or worse than the blue one you left here? You’ll make it one way or another–I’m eager to see you again soon! (You’d like it here today–bright sunshine on a few inches of clean new snow, roads pretty clear.)

  2. Josh Post author

    Definitely driving. The car isn’t worth much, but I like it and want to keep it. I could wait as long as needed, but I know I’m going to have a tough time sitting still at this point. Even if I’m driving 30 mph at least I’m moving.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.